Swipe Card - Frequently Asked Questions (FAQ)

If you are having trouble with your card or have lost it, you can refer to these frequently asked questions before contacting the Student Centre.

My swipe card is lost or has been stolen.

Report this immediately to UniSafe - University Security - phone (internal) 85000 or 0800 373 7550. You will be charged an administration fee of $20.00 for a replacement card. 

How can I get a replacement card?

A replacement swipe card has a $20.00 administration fee. You can pay online at the Creative Arts and Industries Online Shop using a debit/credit card. If you do not have a debit/credit card, you can pay via EFTPOS at the Creative Arts and Industries Student Centre. Cashier hours are 9am-4.15pm. Please allow 5 working days for card activation during peak times (February - April), and up to 3 working days during normal times.

Why won't my student swipe card work?

1. The card does beep(s) when I swipe, but the light stays red.

  • You may be holding the wrong card, e.g. you may have accidently swapped cards with a friend or flatmate who do not have the same access as you. If you are unable to find your card, a replacement card can be obtained after payment of a fee at the Creative Arts and Industries Student Centre.

2.  The card does not beep when I swipe and the light stays red.

  • The card may have a technical glitch. Please visit the Student Centre with your student ID card, and student swipe card for further investigation.

I'm sure I have the right card. How can I check I have the right card?

Please come in to the Student Centre to check.

My card is broken in two. What do I do?

You can get a replacement card after payment of a fee at the Creative Arts and Industries Student Centre.

Which areas am I permitted access to?

Access is aligned with enrolled courses. Any additional access is on a case-by-case basis.

Who has access to Building 206 Music Annexe?

School of Music degree and diploma students who are enrolled in MUS courses. Other enrolled Music students are permitted on a limited case-by-case basis - please direct enquiries to the School of Music.

Do I return my swipe card at the end of Semester? How do I return my swipe card?

Thank you for considering the environment.  When you have completed your study and do not need it again next Semester One or Semester Two, the swipe card can be returned to the Creative Arts and Industries Student Centre. 

I am a Postgraduate student. How do I get access to the Postgraduate Lounge (PG Lounge) area?

Postgraduate Diploma, Masters, Doctoral students can register as a member of the Postgraduate Students Association (PGSA) to gain access to the PG Lounge area. Head over to the PGSA registration area and follow the prompts. If you received your swipe card since you first registered, just update your details.

If you have any further queries about the PG Lounge in Kate Edger Information Commons, please contact the PGSA Administrator – include your ID, and swipe access card number.

I have a question that isn’t listed here - what should I do?

Please email info-creative@auckland.ac.nz or come into the Student Centre.