Ms Lisa Jane Crowley
Lisa Crowley works across a number of fields; photography, video and installation. Her research covers a range of topics including: the aesthetics of photography, with a particular focus on the relationship between the printed image and notions of subjectivity; and the complexities of Modernism, with a specific focus on the tensions between ideology and lived experience.
Her practice uses description as a method which enables her to highlight complex dynamics within these fields of research. Crowley has exhibited both nationally and internationally in contemporary public Museums and Art Galleries throughout Europe and Australasia.
Research | Current
- Art education theory and practice
Selected publications and creative works (Research Outputs)
- Porter, G., Watson, G., Harrison, N., Graham, E. R., & Bryant, J. (2017). The Incandescents [Written publication]. Auckland, New Zealand.
- Crowley, L. (2015). Imagining the future art school curriculum. Paper presented at Art School of the Future Symposium, Massey University, Wellington. 9 July - 11 July 2015.
- Crowley, L. J. Flora photographica Aotearoa [Digital black and white print] Bowen House Exhibition Space, Wellington. 7/2/2014 - 25/3/2014 Related URL.
Other University of Auckland co-authors: Julia Gatley
- Crowley, L. J. A deep plane [Photography] McNamara Gallery, Wanganui. 6/9/2013 - 27/9/2013 Related URL.
- Crowley, L. J. Available light [Silver gelatin photographs] McNamara Gallery, Wanganui. 7/6/2013 - 30/8/2013 Related URL.
- Crowley, L. J. Printed Mind [Photography] Fox Jensen Gallery. 27/9/2011 - 5/11/2011
- Crowley, L. J. The Reading Hall [16mm film and hd video] Te Tuhi Gallery, Auckland. 24/9/2011 - 5/11/2011
- Crowley, L. J. (4/8/2011). Untitled 1-3 (stars) at Auckland Art Fair 2011 [Photographs], Auckland Art Fair, Viaduct Event Centre.
FINE ARTS STUDIO BLOCK 431
Level 4, Room 431-402
20 WHITAKER PL
Primary office location
FINE ARTS STUDIO - Bldg 431
Level 4, Room 403
20 WHITAKER PL