Dr Sean Malcolm Kerr
Sean Kerr lives and works in Auckland, New Zealand, where he is a Senior Lecturer at Elam School of Fine Arts, University of Auckland . He is currently under taking further studies as a candidate for DOCFA and has a produced two books, Bruce is in the garden, so someone is in the garden, and Pop. Both were published by Clouds publishing.
Selected exhibitions include: What's it Doing?, Mixed media, Auckland Art Gallery, Toi o Tamaki, 2013-2014; Song and Dance, The Physics Room, Christchurch, 2012; Super music, Superdeluxe, Tokyo, 2011; Run Artist Run, 55 Sydenham, Sydney; Donkey Pong, I.C.A.N. Sydney, 2011; Bruce danced if Victoria sang, and Victoria sang; so Bruce danced, part II , The Dowse Art Museum, Lower Hutt, 2011; Bruce danced if Victoria sang, and Victoria sang; so Bruce danced, part I ,Artspace and Gus Fisher Gallery, Auckland, 2010; CMC, Superdeluxe, Sydney Biennale, Sydney, 2010; Ping Pong Pop, Electrosmog, Debalie, Amsterdam, 2010;Friends Reunited Part 3,Mirror States, Campbelltown Public Art Gallery, Sydney, 2008; Music 4 4 Blackberrys, Gus Fisher Gallery, Auckland, 2007; Neigh-bourhood Watch, SCAPE, Christchurch, 2006; Music 4 100 Computers, Rhizome.org Commission, New York, 2006; The Mountain, Prospect 2004, Wellington, 2004; The Conversation, Seoul Biennale, Seoul, 2002; and The Binney Project, Te Papa Tongarewa, Museum of New Zealand, 2002.
Research | Current
- Investigates the emerging area of new media technologies from the perspective of their interactive potential
- My findings are incorporated into a series of creative practice projects including Internet art, installation and sonic works
- These projects pursue interactive relationships that occur as audience, artist and technology interface in a complex dynamic
Programme Leader Studio 1
Areas of expertise
Interactive Art, Electronic Art, Installation, Internet Art, Video Art, Sound Art, Performance.
Selected publications and creative works (Research Outputs)
- Kerr, S. M. (2017). Forming, storming, norming, and performing The University of Auckland. ResearchSpace@Auckland.
- Kerr, S. M. What's it Doing? [Mixed media] Auckland Art Gallery, Toi o Tamaki. 23/11/2013 - 14/9/2014 Related URL.
- Kerr, S. M. Ups and downs [Mixed media] Ferari Project Space, Auckland. 12/7/2013 - 27/7/2013 Related URL.
- Kerr, S. M. The Suprematist Calls -- Black Square--100 years (Facilitated byIakovos Amperidis and Alex Gawronski) [Mix media: found telephone, electronics, sound.] Australian Experimental Art Foundation, Adelaide. 14/6/2013 - 13/7/2013 Related URL.
- Kerr, S. M. To and fro [Mix media: Found paint bucket, found metal bucket, Mdrive stepper motor, adruino micro controller, pneumatics solenoids, pneumatic car horns, compressor, wood, electronics. found metal mixing bowl, sound, video camera, computer, found speaker and amp] Strines project space, Melbourne. 8/4/2013 - 22/4/2013 Related URL.
- Kerr, S. M. Run Artist Run [Mixed media installation: video projection, framed photograph, found objects, lithographic print and an audio installation] Gallery 55 Sydenham, Sydney. 1/9/2011 - 18/9/2011
- Kerr, S. M. Bruce danced if Victoria sang, and Victoria sang; so Bruce danced, Part 2 [Mixed Media] The Dowse Art Museum. 19/3/2011 - 29/5/2011
- Kerr, S. M. Bruce danced if Victoria sang, and Victoria sang; so Bruce danced [Multi-media] Artspace, Auckland and Gus Fisher Gallery Auckland. 3/9/2010 - 2/10/2010