Mr Keith Thomas Price
M.MUS Performance (Jazz) Brandon University
Keith Price is Canadian guitarist and composer lecturing at the University of Auckland's School of Music since 2019. He has released six albums as a leader and is an active member in the exciting and diverse Auckland jazz scene. Price attended at the Conservatory of Amsterdam and the University of Manitoba before completing undergraduate and graduate degrees in music at Brandon University where he studied with internationally recognised pianist and composer Michael Cain.
Research | Current
Jazz: Performance, Improvisation, History and Composition.
Jazz Guitar Technique.
The Music of Steve Coleman and the M-BASE Collective.
A non-Eurocentric Approach to Jazz Transcription & Analysis.
PhD Study: Can the methodology that created Miles Davis' landmark album Bitches Brew (1969) be applied to a contemporary musical context?
Teaching | Current
- MUS 104 Music Literacies
- MUS 170, 171, 270, 271, 370, 371 Jazz Guitar Technique & Performance
- MUS 276 Jazz History
- MUS 375 Jazz Composition
- MUS 770 PG Study in Jazz Performance
- MUS 790 M.MUS Study in Jazz
M.MUS Nathan James
M.MUS Matthew Scarfe
M.MUS Daniel Kerr
- Convenor (coordinator) of the Jazz Specialization at the School of Music
Areas of expertise
- Jazz Guitar
- Jazz Improvisation
- Jazz Composition
- Jazz Arranging
- Jazz Pedagogy
- Jazz History
- School of Music Convenors Committee 2022
- School of Music Teaching & Learning Committee - 2020 to present
Selected publications and creative works (Research Outputs)
- Steckler, M, Platz, E, Price, K. T., & Kozicki, MLong Time Ago Rumble by Matty Stecks & Musical Tramps. (2020). Ropeadope Records (USA). Related URL.
Primary office location
FISHER BUILDING - Bldg 804
Level 8, Room 806
18 WATERLOO QUADRANT